photographed + filmed with fujifilm x30
A month ago today I landed in London, and I can't believe it's been that long already. It's also strange to think that this city I had never visited before felt so much like home.
It's all very cliche and sappy, but whatever. London happens. In this half of my collective, there are a lot of things happening. Let's list it:
1. Me putting on my sunglasses in an act of Californian rebellion despite the fact that I hadn't seen proper sunlight in approx. 3 months.
2. The Christmas Tree in the Buckingham Palace gift shop, which is the most aggressively British place I've ever been.
3. I don't know, some random government looking building that had loads and loads of people milling about. (side note: my grandmother said it was ugly. I reminded her that none of her pretty German castles had actual monarchs in them.)
4. I genuinely have no recollection of taking this photo but I think by it's general upper-end British-ness it is probably Kensington.
5. The statue hall at the Victoria & Albert Museum. Best offensive joke in England was heard here, as uttered by a middle aged dad-type pushing a stroller through the Mughal Empire installation: "I think it should be called the Kim Kardashian museum, as it is extremely beautiful and incredibly dim."
6. Proper way to bond a bunch of bloggers: aesthetically pleasing pizza.
7. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. I don't have an arm, I appear to be getting hit by an oncoming bus that's whizzing out of nowhere, Westminster is entirely lit up. It's basically a scene from Harry Potter.
8. An actual scene from Harry Potter.
9. Walking out of Liverpool Station is the best place to people watch because at 5pm on a Friday, the entire world is there and trying to get on your train.
10. I may forget my own name, but I will never, ever, as long as I live, forget to mind the gap.
I feel like I've seen so much, but theres far more to explore, eat, and experience, so I guess I'll just have to go back. What an absolute tragedy.
follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin