11.15.2013

in an old house in california




#teenvogue pinafore c.o chiara fashion| shirt c.o miamasvin



 In reviewing these photos I noticed a few things.

1. That is a GIGANTIC bun.
2.There was a bolt cutter hanging over the fence next to my head.
3. I have an affinity for clothes more properly suited to a 5 year old.
 3 1/2. but gosh does it look cute. 


This pinafore is adorable, and extremely twirly, which we all know is v. important.
 My only complaint is that it is very short for someone of my height. 
I solved it by putting another skirt underneath and wearing tights, 
but that's pretty much the only way I can wear this. 
works for me

Also, this shirt is my absolute favorite shirt ever. 
It goes with practically everything. 
And it has elbow patches.

I found the vest crammed between
 two hideous 80's sweaters in the "vintage" section at the thrift store. 
It made me feel like Macklemore, so obviously, I bought it.

 I rather imagine this outfit is what Madeline would wear if
 she were 16 and had decided to give up that really on point little outfit of hers. 
I wanted a jacket and hat like hers until...actually, I still do. 

In an old house in Paris, that was covered in vines, 
lived a girl in a striped shirt and pinafore, her name was Madeline.


xx,
Justina

ps. small life updates:
1. I just found out I'll be representing California at the 2014 National 4-H Conference this spring! 
It's a huge honor and I'm so excited. 

2. I never got to see Hannah Montana live, but I'M SEEING MILEY CYRUS LIVE IN FEBRUARY.
#hannahmontanaforever
 

follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have style girl! so adorable! x

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justina!
    I read your homeschooling article on teenvogue and i loved it! I'm homeschooled as well and totally enjoy the experience. My school organizes proms by reserving venues and going the whole 9 yards! I too know the feeling on HFS and I feel it everyday. Thanks for the awesome feedback and your baby anecdote of encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.