2.10.2012

I'M the boss, and YOU'RE boring.

So do you all remember how I was trying to figure out what my role in the fashion world is? I figured it out. I am going to be the next Barbara Walters, if Barbara Walters had been the spirit daughter of Betsey Johnson and James Dean, who'd been dropped on her head in a puddle of glitter, then raised by Ellen and Anna Wintour. Just FYI.

But onwards and upwards and sideways, as they say. I want to talk about Anna. This is a subject I can ramble on for years about. She's been called "a Holy Terror" and a "Style Dictator", and my personal favorite, "Darth Vader in A Frock". I think she's brilliant. So she doesn't smile a lot, and yes, she's brutally honest. But the woman oversees the Met ball, brought us John Galliano,  and is the EDITOR IN CHIEF OF VOGUE. Plus, a fashion how just can't be taken seriously unless she's in their front row.  I count her as one of my biggest inspirations. There's actually this GIANT picture of her in my lookbook.

ANYWAY, I was really excited when I heard she was going to be on 60 Minutes, but then really sad when I found out it was on at the same time as the Superbowl. I actually just watched it today, and wasn't disappointed. The episode covers three inspiring women, Dolly Parton, Meryl Streep, and of course, Anna Wintour. I wanted to share :) The highlight is Anna, but I recommend watching the other two womens sections as well. They are all considered the BEST at what they do.







Feeling inspired yet?

xx,
J
p.s. if you're wondering where the title for this post came from, watch the Anna Wintour bit again.

p.p.s. Before you ask: I'm going to do a post next week of all my favorite bit's and pieces from all the NYFW shows :)

2 comments:

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.