All photos taken with a Fujifilm X30
Every time I go to new york it gets colder and colder and I don't like it. I do not like it at all.
I WENT TO NEW YORK. I can't tell you what for, but you'll know eventually. Promise. I got to do lots of fun stuff I also can't tell you about yet but hEY PRETTY PHOTOS. Besides re-affirming my hatred of the cold, we learned a few other things:
1. If the pilot decides five minutes from JFK that the runway looks snowy, you'll end up in Philadelphia.
2. If you tell people you're from California, they''ll immediately get this faraway look in their eyes.
3. Chinese food is closer than you'd think.
4. Times Square doesn't sleep and shopping at 10pm is totally acceptable.
5. Wear your docs everywhere because vans command no respect with angry New Yorkers.
6. "Breakfast" is not a thing people do in NYC.
7. Get to the museum the minute it opens and you have a good half hour to get close to the crowd-pullers.
8. DO NOT STEP IN THE PUDDLES. REPEAT. AVOID THE PUDDLES.
9. When you get in the taxi, repeat the address twice.
10. Eavesdrop absolutely everywhere, because you'll hear the most interesting things.
Also, if you smile at a New Yorker at 10am the way you would a Californian,
they will be extremely confused and upset by it.
follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin