8.15.2012

I Only Cheer For Chanel.

I know I promised I'd stop writing about this, but really, it needed to happen one last time. I'll make it short.

I AM NOT A NORMAL TEENAGER.
I don't go to football games, I stalk Fashion Week.
I don't take pictures with my friends at parties, I get dressed and take pictures on the street for this blog.
I don't text with my boyfriend, I tweet fashion editors.
 My best friends don't live down the street, they live on the other side of the planet.
I have been given amazing opportunities, and gotten a chance to talk to amazing people, that the average teenager couldn't even imagine. 
(I couldn't even imagine it either, then it happened.)

I am a teenage fashion blogger who is trying to make it in what was once described as "an industry with 10x the bite of Hollywood, and none of the glitz."

And I'm not the only one. There are about a bajillion me's out there nodding their heads right now.

So as you can see, I get seriously irritated when people who have never ever ever even read the cover of Teen Vogue and who really don't have a clue what they're talking about (you know exactly who you are. Or not, you probably haven't even read my blog.) accuse me of "making stuff up" or trying to make myself sound better than them. I can see how from the outside this looks easy, and glam or whatever, but it is a lot of work. I, and a lot of other people, put in a lot of work, from running up and down unsafe hills in heels, to sitting in front of a computer screen for hours. 
It is worth it, immensely so, but GOD are people like that a pain.
 SO STOP BEING SUCH A BLOODY ARSE, AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL.

Sorry, I had a bit of an angry rant there.

You all get what I'm saying though, which is why I lurve you. 
I'd buy you a doughnut if I could. 

I will never be a cheerleader. Only for Chanel.

I'm going to get a t-shirt that says that.

xx,
Justina





follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this post describes my life perfectly! Even my mom had said to me: "Alyssa, you are different from other teenagers, and you're happy with it."

    She is right! Like you, I would rather spend hours on a computer for my blog than going to some random party. After school, my friends all go to their sports practices, while I go home and blog!

    Alyssa
    Bella Lu Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Love it! I am totally the same, Chanel Canel Chanel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literally, sums up my life. As you know.
    Love you girl and if you don't reply on twitter I'm going to replace your shoes with crocs. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I wish my life was as awesome as that! I am a little confused as to why you had to rant like that though, did some one say something mean to you? If someone did you can boast of having more life expierience than them and PLUS you can use this blog to get in college, especially if you are planning to study fasion or the fasion industry. Or if you just needed to get that rant off your chest that is fine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha funny comment on the Aztec shorts :D
    And love the attitude of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree Justina! WE'll get through it together eh :) and you definitely need a t_shirt that says I only cheer for Chanel,

    Keep on blogging and being totally kick ass,

    Chloe xo
    @cocoellenxo

    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Focusing on what you love is completely normal. Keep on focusing on your passion - as soon as you get to college, it all gets 100% better.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.