6.25.2011

Supermodel Status #1

Bonjour mon Cheries,

So I just realized I have never done a post on my favorite models. So I am going to do a bit of a series, starting with my modeling role model, Coco Rocha. This whole idea started last night. On Twitter, one of the trending topics was " #1Fact " So I actually shared TWO facts (OBVIOUSLY :P) but the important one was "#1Fact If I got to choose a spokesmodel for A Bent Piece Of Wire, I would Pick @CocoRocha" Its true. I LOVE her. She's gorgeous, intelligent, and just..FAB. So imagine how much of a heart attack I had when I logged into my email and saw this:







I know. I guess she saw my tweet, huh? :) I wanted to share this with y'all :) So lets get to know out fantasy spokesmodel a little better, cha? My bestes buddy, Wikipedia, had his to say:


"In 2002, agent Charles Stuart approached Rocha at an Irish dance competition and asked her if she would consider modeling for him. At that point, she had never thought of modeling before.[6] When she did begin to model, her knowledge of fashion was limited.[3] She eventually gained insight into the fashion world after her best friends crammed in fashion study sessions in between studying for exams.[3]
Rocha started her professional career in 2004, signing with SUPREME in New York City. Two years later, Rocha met fashion photographer Steven Meisel. Soon, she was featured in an editorial with Gemma Ward and Amanda Moore. The editorial kickstarted her career, landing her the cover of the February 2006 issue of Vogue Italia. The week after, she walked the Spring/Summer 2006 New York City runways for a handful of designers, most notably Anna Sui and Marc Jacobs. Backstage at the Anna Sui show, Rocha met model Naomi Campbell, who held her hands and told her she was "her new favorite model".[7] After the New York Fashion Week, she soon followed by taking part in the Paris Fashion Week as well. She walked for esteemed designers like Stella McCartney, Shiatzy Chen, Christian Lacroix, and Emanuel Ungaro, and was chosen by Marc Jacobs to open and close his Louis Vuitton show."


"In 2008 casting agent James Scully, who is responsible to pick which model is to score a spot on top runways, says in regards to Rocha:
I will be the first to admit I did not believe the hype, but within five seconds of meeting her, I was totally charmed and understood why everyone loves her. Some people feel her look is specific, but I find her to be the most chameleon-like of all the girls.[10]
Rocha has been on the covers of many top fashion magazines including Vogue, Flare, Fashion, Numéro, French, W, Harper's Bazaar, Dazed & Confused, i-D, Time Style & Design, among others.[1]"




It goes on.  So now, for those of you who are like me, and can't focus on ANYTHING fashion related if it doesn't have pictures:









 







  
 All photos courtesy of Cocorocha.com, Coco's official Website.


She's a supermodel. She's one of the rare ones that I think actually deserves th title. And who knows, maybe one day it will be " Coco Rocha, Supermodel + Official Spokesmodel For A Bent Piece Of Wire, a fashion blog" :) 


Oh, and speaking of supermodels, thank you to the random lady who stopped me in Walmart just to tell me I look like "That brown girl in the Victoria Secret ads" I think she was talking about Chanel Iman :) Gotta love random strangers :P


Until Whenever,
Justina






1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is sooo cool. Would have felt the same way as you. xx

    http://memoiresdecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.