12.31.2015

poppin' off


january 2015, the metropolitan museum of art, nyc


I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

If I were superstitious, I would say the reason this year has been so incredible is because I always put on my right shoe first, or because I didn't wear yellow even once. Because I am a little stitious, I'll say it's because I wore my buddha necklace every day, made a ton of to-do lists, and because you read my blog. Seriously, this year was crazy. I didn't even remember some of the craziness we got up to.  Did you remember that  I went to New York to do a photoshoot for Teen Vogue? That time I filmed a show with GORDON RAMSAY (and told him my favorite celebrity chef is Anthony Bourdain?)  How about my week with Sallie in LA where we did all the things? The photoshoot and interview with Sadie Robertson? Or, you know, MOVING TO EUROPE FOR THREE MONTHS. (That already feels like a lifetime ago.) I couldn't make half this stuff up if I went to the edge of my imagination. It all happened though. I've got the extremely uncool amount of Instagram posts to prove it.

 Last year, my one resolution was "2015 will be the year of the Texan proverbs. Go bigger, because going home isn't an option.". Due to the very little amount of time I actually spent at home this year, I could say that I technically covered this one, but I also metaphorically fulfilled it. I'm a little scared of what I'm going to have to do to top it in 2016. 

Resolution for this year: Live even larger, and get better at what I want to be the best in. 

See you in the next year, 
don't be late.

x J 




follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.