I'll spend an hour with sam
It's still raining (I know) and I feel like talking about Sam Smith (like always),
so here's ten things that are great about Sam Smith.
1. His voice.
2. The fact that he cites Amy Winehouse as his biggest inspiration. Same.
3. You can hear that inspiration in his music.
4. Oh yeah, his music. That he writes himself.
5. He makes slow songs that don't feel like the worst part of a middle school dance.
6. He pulls an Adele whenever he performs. It's just him, the lights, and sometimes, ASAP Rocky.
7. LYRICS. He's a male Taylor Swift, and his game is on her level.
8. This "pre-fame but still radder than the average" interview.
9. He's Alfie Allen's third cousin. (Yes, he's related to Lily Allen too but gAME OF THRONES.)
10. He's Sam Smith.
His music is interesting in its simplicity. It is unapologetically honest, and I think there's something beautiful in that. His music is not music you get obsessed with, then forget about in a month. It's music that you form a low burning love for. You feel it, even if you in no way relate. Sort of like me and Wes Anderson films, or you guys and my humor.
I can't even remember what the point of this was except that I am in love with Like I Can.
Okay, time to go paddle out my back yard. Serious question: do you think The Ark has wifi?
follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin