I predicted everything but Kimye, because no one saw that coming
This is it. The very last day of 2014. I said I wouldn't get emotional....so I won't. 2014 was an amazing year, maybe the best of my 17 years' of existence thus far, full of things that I dreamed of and things I never imagined. A lot of them played out in front of you guys, whether it was here on the blog or captured in a snapchat story. I collected the big moments (that I can tell you about) for this post so we wouldn't forget any of them. Let's start from the start:
1. FEBRUARY: I went to New York City for the very first time for 24 hours, and it was cold. Really cold. I met Laura Brown, toured Teen Vogue, and ate pizza with gloves on.
2. MARCH: My first award show (awww bby Justina) was a whirlwind of selfies, stopping traffic for Bella Hadid (like she can't do that on her own) and perching precariously.
3. MAY: Prom with the homegirls. This years dresses were even snazzier, and we looked really good in In n Out. Teen Vogue agreed.
4. ALSO MAY: I graduated high school, a year early. Gabrielle made me a very sassy cake.
5. JULY: Germany won the World Cup, and I was psyched because soccer is the only sport I truly understand. You all found out I have a weak grasp of the German language and why that matters.
6. STILL JULY: Stalked celebs in Burbank with Sallie while drinking the best pina colada smoothie I've ever had.
7. AUGUST: Back to my favorite city and the carpets that populate it for the Teen Choice Awards, where I finally met Rebecca in person, selfie'd with anyone who stopped for a millisecond, hijacked the photobooth, and forced Charlie Rowe to re-follow me on Twitter. Josh Hutcherson was also involved.
8. OCTOBER: I turned 17. We skated. My friends are dorks. I love them.
9. ALSO OCTOBER: I was Barbie for Halloween and it was a rousing success, plus my rollerskating skills were finally put to use.
10. NOVEMBER: Katie and I went to Hoodie Allen and it was one of the best decisions of my life. (Future reference: doing anything with Katie is a good idea.)
11. STILL NOVEMBER: The ocean was beautiful and I'm obsessed with this photo. That's all.
12. DECEMBER: Groovy stuff I'm not allowed to tell you about yet but oooh pretty lights
What a wild year. Somewhere in all of that I started college, became a 2014-15 California 4-H State Ambassador, learned some Italian, landed a feature in Barbie magazine, drank a lot of coffee, binged on Game of Thrones, wrote for the New York Times, got a wikipedia page, interviewed some amazing people, made new friends, and generally did my thang. More of you guys showed up, and we had some laughs. (I think. Yes? Maybe.)
I have one resolution: 2015 will be the year of the Texan proverbs. Go bigger, because going home isn't an option.
2015 is going to be absolutely insane. Trust me. It's about to get VERY real.
See you on the flip side, don't be late.
follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin