2.29.2012

The Beautiful Ones

There just aren't any beautiful women left. Or at least, not in my spectrum. Sure, there's pretty ones, but none of the truly beautiful. Beauty isn't just your looks, it's the way you hold yourself, the way you talk. Those women are of a different time. I find myself constantly inspired by them. You all already know of my obsession with Marilyn. I think that era was a golden time. Women like Marilyn and Audrey brought the world class. You could be sexy, but it was going to be the most classy sexy ever. They perfected the art of "leaving it to the imagination". And so, today, I bring you on a time trip. I collected images of "moments". These weren't photo shoots, these were the bloopers. Enjoy...




Louise Brooks, Silent Film Star, and the original "Dangerous one".


theniftyfifties:

Audrey Hepburn applies lipstick on the set of ‘Sabrina’, 1954.
 
  
 Audrey Hepburn on the set of Sabrina, 1954. That woman could make putting on lipstick an ART.

Brigette Bardot. Really, nothing needs to be said about her. You get it.

Marylin Monroe. This picture is so gorgeous. Her pants alone are fab. This is probably THE original "Picture of a girl taking a picture" picture.


 
Ok, so MAYBE this one was posed a teensy-tiny bit. But that's ok.

Marlene Dietrich. She who famously said "If there is a supreme being, he's crazy." She also was the only one who could ever really pull off a pantsuit.
 
 Our American princess, Princess Grace Kelly Of Monaco. She really had it down. And that bathing suit..
 
Grace and Audrey at the Oscars.
Marilyn again. Because I'M in charge, and I can obsess over her at will.

And finally, what is quite possibly the best perfume ad ever. Recognize anyone?




Ah, to live in the land of black and white.

XX,
J

5 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of classic beauties, especially Audrey Hepburn. She seems just so perfect, sweet and natural! Love her as an actor as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really smart to use non-posed/candid pictures, it proves your point perfectly.
    I actually find that really inspiring, that extra thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING photos, going to my Pinterest !! ;)
    I got your nice message on IFB and it´s a pleasure for me to follow you back :)
    If you check out my blog as well it would be very nice! :)

    just JE NE SAIS QUOI
    Independent Fashion Bloggers
    about.me/Jesika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love this. The photos are so beautiful. Bardot... sigh.

    Wren
    http://houseofwren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.